Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When Nothing But Mommy Will Do

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:00 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 912 Total Views

All baby's go through a clingy phase, but it seems to get worse once toddlerhood kicks in.

My 10 month old will cry his eyes out as soon as I leave a room, and he'll put up a huge fuss if I so much as leave him with someone else for more than a few mintues. Why? He's attached to his mama. While this is all very flattering, it's also very trying.

Every mom needs time to do other things around the house - clean, cook, run errands, etc. And sometimes it's just impossible to be holding a baby through out that time.

But this too shall pass. In the meantime, I'll try and enjoy being the center of my little man's world.

Moms, how do you deal with your toddler's neediness?

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:25 PM

My daughter wasn't a clingy baby.

letstalk747
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:55 PM

i was more clingy than my kids

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:23 PM

When my babies were younger, I wore them a lot.  They weren't too clingy but when they needed me, I would give them a hug and then try to give them something to distract them.

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:38 PM

He's needy but that's ok. We talk about our bubbles and personal space.

KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I remember when DS was about 9 months old and he went through some serious separation anxiety. I was a mess; crying when I had to leave him to go to work and he was crying too. I just kept repeating "Mommy will be back soon!" so each day, he was able to figure out that I would come back.

mommybear91
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:00 PM
My youngest is super clingy in fact I used to have to put him in those baby holding things that we can wear. I hated them but that was the only way I could put laundry away or sweep or anything. He's gotten better but he's still very clingy to me.
sanj1213
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:09 PM
My son isn't very clingy
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Dd is 3 and she is still clingy.
nngmommy83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Haven't experienced this really except when they're sick and then I just deal until they get better. They need the extra cuddles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jan. 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM
I gave him what he needed. That one on one attention.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)