Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby's Fingernails

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:45 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 3685 Total Views

Did you clip or file? How often?

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:47 PM

I filed her nails for the first year. I didn't trust myself - or her - to do it without accidentally getting her skin. I would do it every other day. It was pretty nice, because I could do it while she was eating. I'd file her nails on one hand when she was eating on one side, and then the other hand when she ate from the other side.

Once she hit a year old, we started clipping, and only when we noticed they were long enough to scratch.

oliveoil423
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:10 PM
It was easy with my two year old when she was a baby but now it's hard. She doesn't sit still.

Ds is 4 months can't clip his nails nope nope. He moves way to much.
KelliansMom
by Darbie - Head Admin on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Clip while sleeping. File while awake
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:39 PM
I clipped and filed dd never minded having it done.
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:06 PM
I use baby nail scissors. They were actually mine when I was a baby, and I continued to use them on myself growing up, and now I use them on my baby! It's kind of amazing that they aren't dull, but they aren't super sharp either. I've been cutting DD's nails since she was about a month old and I cut them every week or week and a half. She's usually pretty good about staying still. I cut them when she's on the changing table or in her high chair.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Feb. 19, 2015 at 10:31 AM
Clip then file. Twice a week probably.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:24 PM

When she was a baby, I just tore or bit them off (Lol.. gross I know). Now that she is older, I clip them off. I just doing it while she is playing beside me. She doesn't mind her hands but the feet are a different story.

ETA: I do it once a week

KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:02 PM
Once a week or every other week. DS can't stand it. LOL
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Feb. 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM
Clip as needed.
DomDuck
by Member on Feb. 20, 2015 at 2:56 PM

its been getting easier as she gets older....now 18 months......id like to say i do it once a week but its probably once every 2 weeks..........as needed/as i notice they are long.

when she was a tiny baby heck no...my mom did it for me for the first time.....and i rarely did it i was so scared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)