Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In your opinion....

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:29 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 258 Total Views
In your opinion what is the most useful baby item or items?
What are some that you find useless?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on May. 18, 2015 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
The baby monitor is definitely one of the most useful, at least for us it was. We had a Boppy for DS and that came in handy in a lot of ways.
Nothing against anyone who used and/or used them, but I think the wipe warmers are a little over the top.
cassie241986
by Cassandra on May. 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Most useful for use was the bouncy chair and boppy pillow.
Least useful was baby monitors and wipe and bottle warmers.
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on May. 18, 2015 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Useful: video monitor, breast friend nursing pillow, burp cloths, changing table

Useless: boppy (just isn't useful for fat people), wipe warmer, pack n play, bouncer, bumbo or similar seat)
mcmlxxxv
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Most useful: Swing, dresser-top changing pad, travel system, activity gym, video monitor

Least useful: nursing pillow, rocking chair
channysnumba1
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved the swing, baby monitor, and crib, swaddlers

Most useless in my opinion was bassinet, nursing pillow, bottle warmer, receiving blankets
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on May. 18, 2015 at 1:28 PM
My homemade moby like wrap is the one item I could never do without. Cloth diapers, and her bouncy seat were also very useful.

Least useful for us was the crib and baby monitor since they were almost never used.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on May. 18, 2015 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I have to agree that wipe warmers are a bit over the top.

Quoting KylesMom409: The baby monitor is definitely one of the most useful, at least for us it was. We had a Boppy for DS and that came in handy in a lot of ways.
Nothing against anyone who used and/or used them, but I think the wipe warmers are a little over the top.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on May. 18, 2015 at 1:36 PM
I was pretty partial to my dresser top changing pad too!

Quoting mcmlxxxv: Most useful: Swing, dresser-top changing pad, travel system, activity gym, video monitor

Least useful: nursing pillow, rocking chair
blapier
by Brenda on May. 18, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Most useful - swing, changing table (I had a huge sturdy one and used it until she was 2, definitely loved it after my c section), her exersaucer, crib, and high chair
Non useful- jumperoo , wipe warmer( I had one and it used to dry out my wipes), bottle warmer
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on May. 18, 2015 at 2:42 PM

For us, the major lifesavers were the swing, carrier, pacifiers, swaddler, and baby monitor. I also really loved my boppy breastfeeding pillow and still use it for other things to this day, but wouldn't say it's a "must have" because I would have been able to get along without it just fine.

I agree that bottle and wipe warmers are a waste of money. I was able to warm bottles by running warm water over it, and living in FL, the wipes (and weather) were never cold enough to warrant needing to be warmed up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)