Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Name

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

How did your parents come up with it?

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom fell in love with the name when Mary Ann Mobley won the Miss America pageant. My mom thought she was the most beautiful person in the world and apparently kept that name with her for nearly 30 years! She did change the spelling, obviously, and I don't know what inspired that, but I like how I spell it way better :)

jezebel_witch
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I was born on Christmas day, so my name is Christina.
KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom got my name (and apparently the spelling of my name since it is rarely, if ever, spelled the way mine is) from a romance novel. Go figure, romance novels are my favorite kind of book! LOL
newwifenmom
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:39 PM
Haha well that's a cool explanation and ironic that you love romance novels lol

Quoting KylesMom409: My mom got my name (and apparently the spelling of my name since it is rarely, if ever, spelled the way mine is) from a romance novel. Go figure, romance novels are my favorite kind of book! LOL
newwifenmom
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom heard my first name and loved it, dad gave me my middle name after his favorite singer.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I was adopted. My mom kept part of my name that my birth mother gave me. 

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this
My name was supposed to be Katherine Marie all the way up until the day I was born. Once I was here, my parents didn't think it fit me so they changed it last minute to Brandy Nicole. Not sure why that particular name.....
I actually have a little silver cup my grandparents had engraved for me before I was born that says Katherine Marie lol.
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Was named after my mom and grandma. My mom's name is Sandra and I am cassandra. My middle name is Iona witch is my grandma's first name.
KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Jun. 3, 2015 at 8:27 PM
I know, right? 😊

Quoting newwifenmom: Haha well that's a cool explanation and ironic that you love romance novels lol

Quoting KylesMom409: My mom got my name (and apparently the spelling of my name since it is rarely, if ever, spelled the way mine is) from a romance novel. Go figure, romance novels are my favorite kind of book! LOL
blapier
by Brenda on Jun. 3, 2015 at 8:47 PM
My mom got my name from the singer Brenda Lee.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)