Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of more than 1 kiddo...

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 281 Total Views

How did your older ones adjust to the new baby in the house?

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MomToovey
by Marianne - Admin on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM

I just have the one and don't plan to change that, I'm just curious :)

oliveoil423
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:46 PM
It took dd a while to get over the fact that her brother was not going anywhere.

Dd actually jumped when my dad was holding ds and he moved.
DreamJoyHope_R
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:13 PM
Our older two are quite a bit older, they're 14 and 11. We have a 6 month old. It was an adjustment at first, when we were in the process of adopting they really didn't want another baby in the family, they were worried how it would change things. Once he was actually here, it was wonderful. They absolutely adore their little brother and when they're home, he's almost always being held by one of them. Now that he's crawling, they like it even more and are constantly playing chase and fetch with him. I'm not totally sure how I feel about that :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Sep. 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM
He's adjusting great! He loves his baby sister.
KylesMom409
by Linnette - Admin on Sep. 26, 2015 at 3:04 PM
Bump since I have just one.
cassie241986
by Cassandra on Sep. 27, 2015 at 9:07 AM
Dd is adjusting great to been a big sisiter. Carter is now 10 weeks old and things are going great.
stormie1985
by Member on Sep. 28, 2015 at 12:59 PM
My oldest had her sister around at 17 months. Then botH girls had to adjust to a new baby at 6 and 8 yrs old. Now another new baby for all 3 will be here soon. My oldest two love it all and have had no issues. Not sure how my ds will handle it but he will only be about 13 months when this one comes along and I don't really give special treatment to anyone so he's going to have to just go along with everything like everyone else.
Free-Bird
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2015 at 2:42 AM
My first two are almost exactly two years apart and my oldest was great with my second. He was never jealous and very gentle with him. He was so young though he doesn't remember a time without a younger sibling.
I just recently had a new baby and my older boys ADORE him! They were so happy we told them they were getting a new brother or sister - both were very involved the whole time I was pregnant, loved rubbing & kissing my belly, buying stuff for baby, going to ultrasounds and everything else. They are super hands-on, loving and helpful!
Now my two step kids...they are a different story lol.
AbbeysMom2013
by Nicole - Admin on Sep. 29, 2015 at 10:58 PM
Ss still hasn't fully adjusted and dd is 2 1/2 lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)