Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Many?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 272 Total Views
How many kids do you have?
Are you currently pregnant?
Do you want more kids in the future?
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:15 PM
I have 2. A six year old girl named Lynzie and a 6 month old girl named Rosslyn.
Not currently pregnant.
We're probably done but I wouldn't mind one more.
progressandjoy
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I have an SS, who lives here 50% of the time. He is nine.
I have ODD, who is 2.
I am 39 weeks pregnant with YDD.

DH and I most likely won't have more of our own, but I have a dream of someday fostering preteens and teens.
cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:26 PM
Congrats on the pregnancy! How are you feeling?

I think that's great that you want to foster parent someday. My parents fostered while I was growing up.

Quoting progressandjoy: I have an SS, who lives here 50% of the time. He is nine.
I have ODD, who is 2.

DH and I most likely won't have more of our own, but I have a dream of someday fostering preteens and teens.
progressandjoy
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:48 PM
It has not been horrible by any means, but it's been harder than my first. I finished college and my student teaching semester over the last few months, so I was on my feet and busy the entire time. Plus, I had three different "scares" that turned out to be nothing (basically, they thought I had placenta previa or that I was losing amniotic fluid, but after extra ultrasounds found out that everything was healthy). It's just been more stressful this time around, with the pregnancy and my personal / professional life.

My mom fostered my cousin for five years, until he was adopted outside of our family. We're still very close to him and his adopted family. The experience just really made me have a heart for foster kids, especially the older ones close to aging out. I won 2nd place at our undergrad research fair for writing about the factors that can predict higher education enrollment among former foster children.

I would like to have some more experience under my belt before I begin fostering though. My degree is in middle school education, and I think after working with the age group for some years, I'll be more comfortable fostering (besides, I think it would be odd to foster teens when I'm still in my 20s. Lol).

Quoting cabrandy03: Congrats on the pregnancy! How are you feeling?

I think that's great that you want to foster parent someday. My parents fostered while I was growing up.

Quoting progressandjoy: I have an SS, who lives here 50% of the time. He is nine.
I have ODD, who is 2.

cabrandy03
by Brandy - Group Owner on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:05 PM
My two youngest brothers are foster kids my parents ended up adopting and I couldn't imagine our family without them. I love them both dearly.

My second pregnancy was a lot tougher on me then my first also. My first was such a breeze. My second I was sick every morning for months and had my older daughter to still keep up with.

Quoting progressandjoy: It has not been horrible by any means, but it's been harder than my first. I finished college and my student teaching semester over the last few months, so I was on my feet and busy the entire time. Plus, I had three different "scares" that turned out to be nothing (basically, they thought I had placenta previa or that I was losing amniotic fluid, but after extra ultrasounds found out that everything was healthy). It's just been more stressful this time around, with the pregnancy and my personal / professional life.

My mom fostered my cousin for five years, until he was adopted outside of our family. We're still very close to him and his adopted family. The experience just really made me have a heart for foster kids, especially the older ones close to aging out. I won 2nd place at our undergrad research fair for writing about the factors that can predict higher education enrollment among former foster children.

I would like to have some more experience under my belt before I begin fostering though. My degree is in middle school education, and I think after working with the age group for some years, I'll be more comfortable fostering (besides, I think it would be odd to foster teens when I'm still in my 20s. Lol).

Quoting cabrandy03: Congrats on the pregnancy! How are you feeling?

I have ODD, who is 2.

blapier
by Brenda on Jan. 15, 2017 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I only have the one Arianna, who will be 6 in march. And no we're pretty much done.
jobberwocky
by Chrissy - Admin on Jan. 15, 2017 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a 5 yr old and 16 month old. I hope to have more in th future but we will see.
-Phoebe-
by Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 11:24 PM

I am pregnant with our first.

We don't know yet. We never really decided to have any, this was a complete accident, so I don't know if we'll have more or not.

SSMama0209
by Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

How many kids do you have? 4 plus an angel baby
Are you currently pregnant? yes, with a little boy
Do you want more kids in the future? We wouldn't mind, but I'm pretty certain we are done.

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM

One (and a teen BIL that lives with us)
No
I would love to!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)