Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Weekly Meal Plans

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

Do you make a weekly or monthly menu? Do you feel it makes grocery shopping easier?

by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Monthly.

Definitely makes it easier!  I know what ingredients I need, I buy what I need and no more, and no more last minute trips to the store before dinner just to get one thing.

I hate, I despise, I loathe shopping.  I prefer to plan for weeks ahead and buy it all in one day.  My husband will stop and get eggs and fresh produce (if needed) during the month.

DyaneSRQ
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I just made a list of 5 weeks of meals that I'm recycling over and over through the end of the year!.  So, meal planning is done through the end of December!  As for shopping I plan to do it once a week with a stop or two in between for misc items and fresh produce.  If i had a freezer chest and a bigger house I would do my shopping less often!  But, until then......it's once a week. 

andrea96
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Weekly, and yes.  Before I started planning our meals, I would buy food that would go unused and we would end up tossing it, so it was also a waste.

natesmom1228
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 11:56 AM

No, I am not much of a meal planner. I always start with a protein and throw sides with it. Today we are having sausage casserole. I had italian sausage thawed and I looked up a recipe online for something to do with it. I found out I like and that is what we are having.

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Sep. 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I do two weeks at a time.  It makes grocery shopping much easier.

rkoloms
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:14 AM

I generally do a week at a time, including bagged lunches. 

La-Belle-Vie
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM

I use to do 2 weeks at a time but fell back into a week at a time.

It does make shopping a whole lot easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)