Caramel Candy Bars Recipe
20 15 35
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour until blended. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramels and butter with milk until smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and pecans. Spread over crust.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.