Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Another side dish post... What to serve with lettuce wraps

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 12:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

I can not get away with serving JUST lettuce wraps to my husband.  I am making some edamame to go along with it but he will need/want something more substantial.

So what would you serve with these Chicken Lettuce Wraps

by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM

sticky rice

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Aug. 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM

fried rice

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 4:29 PM
This sound sooo good! Make a pasta dish...lomaine?
MeredithDav
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Looking at the picture, it's just being served over a bed of lettuce. The lettuce is being used as a garnish. The recipe follows the picture ... calling it a wrap is ridiculous. If you were at a nice restaurant and ordered this, you would not be expected to eat the lettuce.

Your recipe seems like a lot of steps. I hope it works out.

I would serve some hot spicy Yakisoba (fried noodles).

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Rice or pasta
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La-Belle-Vie
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Quoting MeredithDav:

Looking at the picture, it's just being served over a bed of lettuce. The lettuce is being used as a garnish. The recipe follows the picture ... calling it a wrap is ridiculous. If you were at a nice restaurant and ordered this, you would not be expected to eat the lettuce.

It is actually a very popular appetizer served at P.F. Changs (it is china bistro, chain restaurant). 

I think I am going to do fried rice. 

Terri441
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Good call. :)

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

Quoting MeredithDav:

It is actually a very popular appetizer served at P.F. Changs (it is china bistro, chain restaurant). 

I think I am going to do fried rice. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM

they sound good but I would have to wrap them not place them down like the picture shows and I would do a fried rice, or noodle as a side dish

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Actually at PF Chang's and at other "nice" restaurants where I've eaten this, stacks of lettuce is served on a platter or bowl and the meat is separate, then the sauces are in small bowls. You take a piece of lettuce, add the amount of meat you want, place it in the center of the lettuce, add the sauce you want, then wrap the lettuce around the meat and roll it up. From what I've been told, that's the traditional way of serving it. Works for me. We love them. I haven't tried making them at home, but now I think I will. I would serve them with fried rice or a noodle dish. Maybe some marinated cucumbers or a cucumber-tomato salad.

Quoting MeredithDav:

elijahsmama09
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM

This dish is very traditional in Korea, where a friend of mine is from. Everything is separate. You compile them yourself. It is usually served with pickles(asian pickles like daikon radish or kimchi) and rice. It is usually served with a couple different sauces as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)