Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Grr.. I'm trying to write a meal plan... and its not working.

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM
  • 15 Replies

I decided to try to write out a meal plan for this week and I'm already stuck. I want to try new things, but I can't think of anything!!

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AiW
by Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
What's your usual menu? I try to have a protein, starch, and vegetable per meal. If you're going to try out new recipes, I'd aim for only one per meal. As for new recipes, check out some of the mealplans posted in this group and maybe you'll find some inspiration. :)
Terri441
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Do you like vegetarian, chicken, or red meat? I might have a few ideas for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 2:53 PM

What do you normally like to eat? There is a recipes forum in this group that may help some.

WillsMOM72
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 2:55 PM
I love magazines from betty crocker and taste of home. They have great ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofaonlychild
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM

We eat just about anything, except pork products. I know its awful, but we mainly eat Hamburger Helper (a lot). Now I work mainly days, so I can actually cook dinner, I just have a horrible time thinking ahead to make the menu. I need easy recipes. LOL! I have been married and out of my parents' house for 5 years and today is the first time I've made homemade biscuits and fried potatoes....

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Easy things to plan:

tacos

spaghetti & garlic bread

oven fried chicken

sloppy joes or burgers

pizza

chicken alfredo

chili

crock pot beef roast with potatoes & carrots

crock pot roasted chicken

Kelly913
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Some of the gals make a list of meals to have each week and choose one that morning, rather then saying such and such on Monday, etc.  That might be an easier way to break into it.  Also, you could make each night a theme and change things around within that theme.  For instance, Monday might be meatless, Tuesday is Mexican, Weds is crockpot, Thurs is beef, Fri is homemade pizza or Italian dish, Sat is a new recipe , Sun is chicken.  That'd be a basic framework and then when you see a recipe you want to try, it either goes under Sat for new recipe if it's a difficult one, or the day of the week it fits (a new chicken recipe on Sun).

However, do as I say, not as I do, lol!  I'm horrible at making and then sticking to a menu plan!

matheson7
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Tacos, spaghetti, burritos, sloppy joes, chili, shepherd's pie, etc. I use http://www.tasteofhome.com/ and http://www.allrecipes.com/.

MyGiftsFromGod
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I start by choosing a different meat for each night of the week. Once I have a dish for each type, 1 beef, 1 chicken, 1 pork, 1 fish or seafood, I choose three others. We never have the same meat three times in a week. Then I make sure we aren't having more than one Italian dish, or Mexican, etc. I don't have more than two pastas in a week, and make sure to have a wide variety of vegetables.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamms02
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I like using theme nights.
1-breakfast for dinner
2-mexican
3-italian
4-sandwiches
5-leftovers
6-new recipe
7-burgers &/or hot dogs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)