Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Thanksgiving Coundown Day 20: Remember What You're Grateful For!

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:39 AM
  • 261 Replies
5 moms liked this

Congratulations! You've made it to the end of the countdown challenge! Just one day to go until Thanksgiving!

We hope that by now you have finished most of your preparations, and that you can spend the day putting the finishing touches on your meal and decorations, and most importantly, remembering what the holiday is all about.

Your activity for Day 20 is: Remember what you're grateful for! Share all the things that you are thankful for this year in the replies below.

Then have a happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for joining us on this preparation adventure during the past 20 days! We'll announce the winners next week after the holiday weekend!

cornucopia

(Remember, you must reply to at least 15 of the 20 activities to be eligible to win the grand prize! Sign up here if you haven't yet.)

by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kathy067j
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:42 AM

My KIds and Grandbabies and GOD is First

Dragonmamas
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:42 AM

I'm thankful for my beautiful, healthy children.

Dragonmamas
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:43 AM

I'm thankful for my SO.

Strega

I'm grateful for my Husband, our Kids, and our House.

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

Dragonmamas

I'm thankful for our health.

Dragonmamas

I'm thankful for our home.

Alliegracesmom
1 mom liked this
i am thankful for my Lord Jesus Christ
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas

I'm thankful for our vehicles.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 23, 2011 at 7:43 AM
5 moms liked this

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I didn't really feel thankful for much until this week. 

On Monday, my cousin attended a memorial service for her SIL & BIL and their 17 yr old son that were killed in a house fire.  On Tuesday morning, authorities released info that the fire was arson and that at least one family member had been dead before the fire started.  As if that weren't enough shock, in that same family another cousin had to make the very difficult decision on Monday to remove life support from her husband, who had been extremely ill for just over a week.  He passed just a few minutes later, leaving a young widow and two kids.

As I lay in bed last night, I thought about how many people complain about their relatives/in-laws/etc. around the holidays.  They don't really want to spend time with them, they find petty or major faults with them, there is some resentment be it justified or not. 

I just wish that we could all stop and think about what we ourselves or other people have lost in the past year, and appreciate what we do have right now.  We don't know if those relatives will be with us next year.  Life changes so very quickly.

I am thankful that I will have my family around me tomorrow, and I am thankful for the happy memories that I had with the ones we've lost this year. 

May you all have a blessed holiday.

Dragonmamas

I'm thankful for our jobs.

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)