Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Do you have a special dinner on Christmas Eve?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:15 AM
  • 32 Replies
Any thing special planned?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That is the day my husband and I celebrate our anniversary. Pre-child we always went out to dinner. Now we just stay in and celebrate on a night we can send DS off for a sleepover. Nothing special planned this year.
bubbasmom0917
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Since we aren't going home this year and get to have Christmas with hubby we are. We decided just to do Eve dinner, since on Christmas Day we just want to play with toys and gadgets.

La-Belle-Vie
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM
This is too sweet :)

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

That is the day my husband and I celebrate our anniversary. Pre-child we always went out to dinner. Now we just stay in and celebrate on a night we can send DS off for a sleepover. Nothing special planned this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La-Belle-Vie
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Good idea!

Quoting bubbasmom0917:

Since we aren't going home this year and get to have Christmas with hubby we are. We decided just to do Eve dinner, since on Christmas Day we just want to play with toys and gadgets.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La-Belle-Vie
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM
I think I'm just goin to make some appetizers that day so we can enjoy the excitement of the evening together and play games.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bRN007
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM
No, we usually grab burritos or something easy to eat in the car so we can drive around and look at Christmas lights, and do the luminaria tour. We make a traditional New Mexican Christmas dinner which includes tamales, chile, green chile stew, sometimes Posole, ham, turkey and the regular fixings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tretresmom
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM

No.  We usually go to my aunt's house for a family gathering & there is so much food& appetizers there so we eat there.  Well the kids will just pick at some food, my aunt gives all the kids a $5 bill & they usually want to grab a happy meal on the way home LOL I let them since it is their x-mas money their choice on how they spend it.

jessicasmom1
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM
We will be going to in laws as we normally do not sure the meal
AdriaD
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM

We have done "nibbles" for Christmas Eve for a long time.  We do vary it, but typically have cheese, crackers, raw veggies & dip, and some sort of hot appetizer.  Dessert was always Christmas cookies for the first time (no one was allowed to eat them previously, lol).  This Eve it is just my DH and I.  I'm making a Deviled Crab dip with veggies, Blue cheese wedge drizzled with honey and crispy bacon, and some steamed shrimp with cocktail sauce.  Our dessert, if we have one, will most likely be some Saltine Toffee.

AdriaD
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

My DH proposed to me at lunch on Christmas Eve.  Since then, with one exception (I was deathly ill with a stomach bug), we have gone out to lunch that day, then having family time from the time we got home.  This Eve will be our 26th lunch together :)

Happy Anniversary!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)