Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Almond Flour Pizza Crust - gluten free (and pretty good!!!)

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just had the BEST pizza crust yet (of the ones that I've tried).  It's got a crusty biscuit texture with plenty of flavor.  My picky eater went back for thirds.

Almond Flour Pizza Crust

• 2 c. almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 3/4 - 1 c. mozz cheese or Italian cheese mix

Preheat oven to 350°.  In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, garlic powder, salt, and baking soda.  In another bowl whisk eggs and olive oil together, then stir into the almond flour mixture.  Add cheese and work it in with your hands until well mixed.  Spread dough on a greased pizza pan and bake for 10 minutes.

Remove crust from oven, top with your favorite toppings, and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes until cheese in the toppings is melted and bubbling.

Rhonda

by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelly913
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Glad you found something! 

rmp
by Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I looked into Quinoa and Almond Flour 2 weeks ago so I could make some bread and experiment instead of using regular flour. I found both in the bulk section for $7.99 a pound!!! Since my bread recipes make 3 to 8 loaves I cannot pay $7.99.  I would need a lot> LOL

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Mmm! I'd like to try this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Kylie2708
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 5:05 AM
Thanks!
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Quoting rmp:

I looked into Quinoa and Almond Flour 2 weeks ago so I could make some bread and experiment instead of using regular flour. I found both in the bulk section for $7.99 a pound!!! Since my bread recipes make 3 to 8 loaves I cannot pay $7.99.  I would need a lot> LOL

I buy my almond flour right from Honeyville Farms' site for $66 for 10 lb.  I and a friend have been looking into buying some wholesale for just under $5 a lb.

Rhonda

elijahsmama09
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Thank you!!!!

rmp
by Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Wholesale for $5  a pound would be better. Is this at a local place near you or online?

$5 -I could do that to try it and see if I like it; $7.99 is too much . What if I do not like it? LOL

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Quoting rmp:

Wholesale for $5  a pound would be better. Is this at a local place near you or online?

$5 -I could do that to try it and see if I like it; $7.99 is too much . What if I do not like it? LOL

It was a local place, but I haven't looked online much, either.

There are MANY other recipes that use almond flour.  I've got great recipes for chocolate chip cookies or waffles.  I've made pie crusts and cakes with it, too.  I'm willing to share the recipes if you're interested.

To  be honest, after having almond flour I cannot stand the taste of whole wheat or white flour anymore.  WW or white is almost bitter.

Rhonda

Silversand
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:05 AM
If you are looking to try almond flour out go to trader joes (if you have one near you). They have small bags for around 4 bucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Capercop
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
This. pizza crust was AMAZING!! Thanks so much !!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)