Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

breakfast recipes with no egg

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
  • 13 Replies
I hate eggs! Ive been looking for breakfast casseroles and burritos and stuff but everything has eggs in it! YUCK!!!! So my question is do u guys have any good casserole ideas or burrito ideas for breakfast that don't contain eggs?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I have a friend who doesn't like eggs and when he visits I serve this casserole. Also when I make omelettes for everyone else, I cook all the filling ingredients-mushrooms, onions, red & green peppers, ham or sausage or bacon, just saute those and then serve with hash browns and he's happy.

Breakfast Casserole

30 ounces frozen hash browns, thawed
16 ounces French onion dip
1 lb ground sausage, browned
2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1.Combine first 4 ingreients and one cup cheese -- mix well.

2. Spread in a greased 13x9" baking pan --

3. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

4. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.bake for additional 15 minutes.

SweetLuci
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Here's a similar one

Potato Sausage Bake (No Egg)

(4 servings)    

1/2 package Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns

1/4 pound breakfast sausage

1/4 pound cheddar cheese

1 can biscuits (5 count like Grands)

Crumble and cook sausage in skillet. Put aside. Cook hash browns in skillet with a little olive oil or margarine, stirring regularly until cooked.

Combine sausage and hash browns and grated cheddar in 8x8 baking pan. Pat biscuits out to form a crust on top.

You can bake it now or cover it and put it in the refrigerator to bake in the morning. Everything is cooked except for the biscuits. So you just need to bake it on 350 until the biscuits are done

SweetLuci
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Eggless Breakfast Quesadilla

• 6 to 8 strips of lean bacon
  • 8 small red potatoes, cut into ½" cubes
  • 4 corn (or flour) tortillas
  • ½ a cup of red, yellow & green pepper strips
  • 1 small red onion, chopped
  • 1½ cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 8 - 10 white button mushrooms, sliced
  • Avocado & cilantro for garnishing
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Pico de Gallo or your favorite salsa on the side

Directions

Use a non-stick skillet to cook the bacon to the extent you like. Once cooked, place the strips of bacon on paper towels, and drain the excess fat from the skillet, leaving only about 1 tablespoon of fat. Put the cubed potatoes into the pan, and fry them for 4 to 5 minutes over medium high heat. In the mean time, slice the fried bacon into small pieces. Once the potatoes are slightly tender on the inside, and start to brown on the outside, add the chopped onion. Cook for another minute, and add the sliced mushrooms and pepper strips. Cook the entire mixture for a minute or two. Empty into a dish and cover.

Heat the tortillas in a separate skillet, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Separate the shredded cheese into four lots, and add one lot to each tortilla, and allow the cheese to melt. Now spoon in the potato, bacon & veggie mixture into the quesadilla and fold in half. Turn it over and cook for about 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro sprigs. Serve with dip of your choice.

SweetLuci
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Sausage Pie

1 lb sausage

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1 pkg crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375. Brown sausage in skillet and drain and let cool slightly. Mix in cream cheese. Place mixture in casserole dish. Top with crescent rolls, just unrolled and perforatrions sealed together. Bake about 15 minutes or till golden brown.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I have no ideas but how do you hate eggs?? Lol! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Lol I just do! I have never liked eggs. My mom told me when i was a baby the dr told her I needed to eat eggs. She would hide them in other foods and baby food. Well I would spit the eggs out and eat the rest of the food! Now like with fried rice.....which I love. I will pick out all the egg before I eat the rice. If i taste any egg at all I can't eat the rest of the rice!

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Thank you sweetluci! Those all are awesome ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM
That's funny!

Quoting katiebug840204:

Lol I just do! I have never liked eggs. My mom told me when i was a baby the dr told her I needed to eat eggs. She would hide them in other foods and baby food. Well I would spit the eggs out and eat the rest of the food! Now like with fried rice.....which I love. I will pick out all the egg before I eat the rice. If i taste any egg at all I can't eat the rest of the rice!

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly913
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I was wondering that too! 

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

Kelly913
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Some people just have things they don't like, huh? 

Quoting katiebug840204:

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)