Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

ever make your own birthday cake?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
  • 21 Replies

my birthday is this month and i have been contemplating baking my own cake. my hubby works such long hours he has no time for anything. last year he did buy a cake from a store. but i enjoy baking so i thought why not take the pressure off him and have my kids help me bake my own cake? has anyone ever made there own? the trouble im having now is deciding on a cake. theres way too many to choose from.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelly913
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Hmmm, I don't think I ever have.  If you enjoy baking I don't see why you shouldn't!  Maybe your kids can help you decide what kind! 

andrea96
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM

No. I don't usually have a cake, though.

jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

heck yeah I do .. 

August07Mom
by Tiesha on May. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Yep. I've even cooked my own birthday dinner because DH invited the family over to eat.

Terri441
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM

If I want to have a cake, which I normally don't, I have to make it myself now a days.

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I haven't, but in your circumstance, I think it's a great idea. You could even make a game of it by telling your kids that you're the birthday Fairy (or some such thing) and you're there to help them make a surprise birthday cake for mommy. Put on a funny hat or scarf or something. Then you can act surprised when they present it to you. I think that would be a lot of fun.

I had a friend who was born in Holland, and she invited a bunch of people to her house for dinner, then when we got there we found out it was her birthday. She had made a cake as well .  She said that was the custom where she was born. She gave us all little presents for spending her birthday with her. 

TwinSoccerMom
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I generally make my own - with help from the kids.  Or sometimes DD will make it with my MIL since we usually eat birthday dinners at their house.  I really don't mind it.  We don't do anything fancy - just a box mix and canned frosting - so it isn't much work. As the kids have gotten older they do most of it anyways.  As long as it is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting I am good!  :D

AlL_eYeS_oN_mE
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

thats a great idea! i bet they would love that :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

I haven't, but in your circumstance, I think it's a great idea. You could even make a game of it by telling your kids that you're the birthday Fairy (or some such thing) and you're there to help them make a surprise birthday cake for mommy. Put on a funny hat or scarf or something. Then you can act surprised when they present it to you. I think that would be a lot of fun.

I had a friend who was born in Holland, and she invited a bunch of people to her house for dinner, then when we got there we found out it was her birthday. She had made a cake as well .  She said that was the custom where she was born. She gave us all little presents for spending her birthday with her. 

pookah1203
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM
No. I dont even celebrate my bday...i think its greedy if i have to do it myself. Lol
pookah1203
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Quoting SweetLuci:

now thats a great idea! And giving is way better than receiving.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN