Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

random thoughts of may...MAY!!! how is it already MAY!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My goodness 1/3 of the year is gone by...sheesh

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 1, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Quoting andrea96:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting andrea96:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting andrea96:

Quoting michiganmom116:

We're thinking of possibly moving to Texas.

Where in Texas?

Not sure yet.  DH has had it with where he works (he makes only a little more than the temp workers brought in...even after 24 years at the same place) and union talks are this year.  The company keeps taking away benefit after benefit and cutting back on medical insurance, so why stay loyal to the company that's out to screw the employee?  I've been bugging him to move outta this state that wants to take away citizen rights and is frozen like Siberia 7 months out of the year and hot as Hades the other 5.  Texas is the state of choice right now because of the homeschooling laws, the heat, and the more "open" attitude towards citizen rights.  It's a big state, though, with a huge diversity in climate/weather, so I need to do more research.

I've lived in north central Texas, College Station, the Houston area, and now Fort Worth. And, I've visited a lot of the other areas. So, if I can answer any questions for you, please let me know.

Personally, I hate the humidity in Houston. But, a lot of people don't seem to mind it. One of my Houston friends thinks the heat here in DFW is brutal.

No desert area, I can handle a few weeks/ a month of winter (just not months of snow and ice), and heat's no prob as long as I've got AC available.  Where would YOU choose to live?

The Pacific Northwest. LOL!

In Texas, I have to say I love Fort Worth! I'm kind of a city girl, even though I grew up in the country. If I lived in a rural area of Texas, I would probably pick somewhere in central or north central Texas.

It rarely stays below freezing for more than a day or two here. We only had a few flakes of snow this past winter, and it barely got below freezing at all. Now, west Texas and the panhandle get more winter than we do, and they usually get hotter, too. Some places in the panhandle got over 100 degrees last week; I heard one town hit 107.

AWESOME!  Thanks for the help!

Kelly913
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM

My parents and aunt are coming for a visit tomorrow.  The plan was 1ish and I invited them for lunch too, so now I'm searching recipes!  How silly of me! 

Kelly913
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

A friend of mine moved to New Branfuels (check spelling?) and she loves it.  Not too hot, not too humid, not too cold.   

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting andrea96:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting andrea96:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting andrea96:

Quoting michiganmom116:

We're thinking of possibly moving to Texas.

Where in Texas?

Not sure yet.  DH has had it with where he works (he makes only a little more than the temp workers brought in...even after 24 years at the same place) and union talks are this year.  The company keeps taking away benefit after benefit and cutting back on medical insurance, so why stay loyal to the company that's out to screw the employee?  I've been bugging him to move outta this state that wants to take away citizen rights and is frozen like Siberia 7 months out of the year and hot as Hades the other 5.  Texas is the state of choice right now because of the homeschooling laws, the heat, and the more "open" attitude towards citizen rights.  It's a big state, though, with a huge diversity in climate/weather, so I need to do more research.

I've lived in north central Texas, College Station, the Houston area, and now Fort Worth. And, I've visited a lot of the other areas. So, if I can answer any questions for you, please let me know.

Personally, I hate the humidity in Houston. But, a lot of people don't seem to mind it. One of my Houston friends thinks the heat here in DFW is brutal.

No desert area, I can handle a few weeks/ a month of winter (just not months of snow and ice), and heat's no prob as long as I've got AC available.  Where would YOU choose to live?

The Pacific Northwest. LOL!

In Texas, I have to say I love Fort Worth! I'm kind of a city girl, even though I grew up in the country. If I lived in a rural area of Texas, I would probably pick somewhere in central or north central Texas.

It rarely stays below freezing for more than a day or two here. We only had a few flakes of snow this past winter, and it barely got below freezing at all. Now, west Texas and the panhandle get more winter than we do, and they usually get hotter, too. Some places in the panhandle got over 100 degrees last week; I heard one town hit 107.

AWESOME!  Thanks for the help!

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

Kelly913
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM

So how about 8oz cream cheese, a jar of artichoke hearts, some parmasan cheese and maybe bay shrimp for a dip?  Heated and served with tortilla chips.  What else would you add? 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 2, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Beth (DD) and Rory (a.k.a. Aurora, my granddaughter) played dress up yesterday:

and the expression on her face in this next one is IDENTICAL to how I looked in my baby pictures

August07Mom
by Tiesha on May. 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

She's adorable!!!!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you, yes she is, and she's growing so FAST!  It's hard to believe she's over 4 months old already!  I noticed yesterday that her first two teeth are showing already.

Quoting August07Mom:

Quoting michiganmom116:

She's adorable!!!!

jessicasmom1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

simply adorable! 

Quoting michiganmom116:

and the expression on her face in this next one is IDENTICAL to how I looked in my baby pictures

queenbree545
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM

What a beautiful baby!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Terri441
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM

YES she's a real doll Rhonda!!

Quoting michiganmom116:

thank you, yes she is, and she's growing so FAST!  It's hard to believe she's over 4 months old already!  I noticed yesterday that her first two teeth are showing already.

Quoting August07Mom:

Quoting michiganmom116:

She's adorable!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)