- Prep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- Yield: 32 Servings
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Line an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, 3/4 cup coconut, baking chips and peanuts. Microwave on high, uncovered, for 1 minute; stir. Cook, uncovered, 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted; stir to combine. Press into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Cool.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.