Since our hens are back in full laying mode I've decided to make a frittata every Friday. Today I used duck eggs because I forget I have them. It's in the oven now with tomatoes, bacon, zucchini, onions and cheddar. This is roughly what I did:
1. Saute diced onions and shredded zucchini (about 1 sm onion and 2 sm z's)
2. Blend 6 eggs, leftover tomato slices and 2 pieces of cooked bacon in blender
3. Melt 1T butter in 9.5" glass pie pan (in oven) and coat sides
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup whole wheat flour over bottom of pie pan
5. Spread sauteed mixture in bottom of pan, add a layer of shredded cheddar and pour egg mixture over the top
6. Bake in 350° oven for about 40 minutes
This could also be prepared in a frying pan on the stove (much quicker) but I chose the oven because DH isn't home yet and this way it can be ready when he arrives, but not too early as to get cold.
I'll try to remember to post each week and please share your ideas/favorite combos!
Some Things Cookin' at my blog!