Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those dealing with diabetes

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/diabetes-and-paleo-diet/

They've simplified the explanation of diabetes, but this explains a lot about why the Paleo diet is good for all diabetics.  (Ignore the fact they're advertising their own recipe book....there are plenty of FREE sites for Paleo recipes.)

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessicasmom1
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

thanks for sharing

Satan71
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I like the fact that they actually explained the difference between Type 1 and type 2 Diabetes. My DD is type 1, no matter how much I tweek her diet she will always be insulin dependant. Changing her diet has br,ought her A1C's under control and helped her to feel healthier which is my ultimate goal. Sadly, nothing I do will ever make her pancreas start to work again.  

mammapav
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Thanks for sharing.

matheson7
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I will read it.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Satan71:

I like the fact that they actually explained the difference between Type 1 and type 2 Diabetes. My DD is type 1, no matter how much I tweek her diet she will always be insulin dependant. Changing her diet has br,ought her A1C's under control and helped her to feel healthier which is my ultimate goal. Sadly, nothing I do will ever make her pancreas start to work again.  

I totally sympathize.  I'm a Type 2 and, while this diet has been a tremendous help in controlling my blood sugars, there's been some damage done and I'll probably have to have some medications for the rest of my life.  Still, there are many issues I had that have disappeared while following the Paleo lifestyle, and I am a lot healthier than I was 17 years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)