Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

pickey eater

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
my fil is the pickest eater I know he hates vegs,rice,cheese,any type of pasta that not spegetti, and any seasoing and refuses to try anything new and if we don't feed he threaten to call the cops on use I don't know what to feed him anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM

let him look at some recipes here in the group  and pick out some he may like to try .. Some men can be the pickyest ones.

tazmidgiefairy
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I am half tempted to tell he has to try at least four bites before he can say he don't like it

Quoting jessicasmom1:

let him look at some recipes here in the group  and pick out some he may like to try .. Some men can be the pickyest ones.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeredithDav
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Let him call the cops ... what are they going to do?

My 80's uncle comes for a 2 wk visit. One suitcase filled with Musketeers candy bars and a backpack with one change of underwear and his free coffee punch card. Reason for not eating with us? He didn't have room to pack his dentures :)

Satan71
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I would take the advice of one of the other ladies and let him pick a couple of meals. Then I would make extra for left overs on the days that he doesn't want what I'm making. I would also ask him if there are any particular snacks or breakfasts he would like before I went shopping. That way you have something to offer him that he chose so he will not be able to refuse it and the stress of what he will eat is off you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 8, 2012 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Isn't he ill?  Maybe foods don't taste the same to him as they do to you...my grandmother was the same way for years before she passed away.  She'd eat toast, oatmeal, soup, crackers and cheese.  She couldn't stand to eat anything else.

If he likes spaghetti, then give him spaghetti.  It's easy enough to cook up a batch and feed him from it for a few days.  If he eats fruit, then give him fruit to give him the vitamins he needs.  Eggs are pretty good and are cheap and can be cooked in a few different ways.  Those are all foods that require little to no cooking, and you can easily make meals for your family while he eats his spaghetti and fruit and eggs.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM
That was my first thought too. If you're offering meals and he's refusing he, not you, is to blame if he's hungry.

Quoting MeredithDav:

Let him call the cops ... what are they going to do?

My 80's uncle comes for a 2 wk visit. One suitcase filled with Musketeers candy bars and a backpack with one change of underwear and his free coffee punch card. Reason for not eating with us? He didn't have room to pack his dentures :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on May. 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Good points.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Isn't he ill?  Maybe foods don't taste the same to him as they do to you...my grandmother was the same way for years before she passed away.  She'd eat toast, oatmeal, soup, crackers and cheese.  She couldn't stand to eat anything else.

If he likes spaghetti, then give him spaghetti.  It's easy enough to cook up a batch and feed him from it for a few days.  If he eats fruit, then give him fruit to give him the vitamins he needs.  Eggs are pretty good and are cheap and can be cooked in a few different ways.  Those are all foods that require little to no cooking, and you can easily make meals for your family while he eats his spaghetti and fruit and eggs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andrea96
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)