Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

New Ketchup Bottle Invention Gets the Good Stuff Out Faster

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

New Ketchup Bottle Invention Gets the Good Stuff Out Faster

Posted by Adriana Velez on May 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM

liquiglideEveryone, now we have two reasons to celebrate this weekend. They figured out how to fix ketchup! To be exact, scientists have created a bottle that lets the ketchup just slide out -- instead of making you smack the bottom to get those last few glugs out.

Introducing LiquiGlide, a surface coating that sends ketchup along its merry way, out of the plastic or glass bottle and right next to that still-warm pile of French fries.

Oh, one little hitch -- you can't get a LiquiGlide bottle just yet.

Yes, ketchup bliss is still tantalizingly out of reach, though hopefully not for long. The surface coating was the runner-up for MIT's 100,00-dollar Entrepreneurship Challenge. And though it was just number two, anyone notice how no one's talking about the real winner? Yeah. I think if investors are smart, they'll get this thing on store shelves pronto. Before the fries get cold.

Okay, here's the part where I reveal something shocking: I don't even like ketchup. I don't, my husband doesn't, and even our son doesn't like it. But we keep it in our refrigerator anyway. Why? Because all of our friends like ketchup, and we like to have them over for dinner. Yes, we have a bottle of guest ketchup in our refrigerator. Oh but we do love mayonnaise -- and guess what?

Click HERE to see video.

Yup, it works for mayonnaise, too. I just hope this stuff is non-toxic and not the new BPA! 

Would you like it if ketchup bottles worked this way?

by on May. 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
August07Mom
by Tiesha on May. 26, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I seen this on the news. I think it's a wonderful idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on May. 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

sure

lillucky8
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Sure why not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Sounds helpful.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I'd like if they worked this way, but I'm very leery of what this LiquiGuide has in it.  Sorta like a glass version of Teflon?  No thanks. 

jessicasmom1
by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I will stick with the Heinz bottles I buy . Father is retired there and I like no other kind .. Not worried about it coming out slow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)