Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: jessicasmom1

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom is jessicasmom1, who frequents the Meal Planning group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?

Raising DD since she has been 14 months old as a single mom. 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

Meal Planning

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

To talk with other Moms who like the things I do to get acquainted with.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

Cooking, cleaning and taking care of my elderly Father.

5. What are your favorites: 

Magazine: Food Network magazine

Movie: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Food: Seafood

Place to travel to: Cocoa Beach, Florida

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

Paula Deen - I think she has a great soul behind that addictive laugh of hers.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

Do the best you can, love, laugh and live it will always get easier.  Back 11 years ago, when I became a single Mom, I was scared as heck my husband died only to face those fears and be the best I can be for our Daughter. 

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Independent 

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

A doctor, I am a SAHM and would not have changed that for the world now I know my purpose in life. 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 

My husband, to let him see his little girl all grown up now.

Now answer her question for YOU:

If you could be a SAHM would you be able to be one? I loved that I missed nothing in my daughter's life.

by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Replies (31-32):
jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM

thank you all for your answers to get to "know" you all a little better. I like each and everyone of your answers.  I know what is good for one may not be good for the next one. If we were all the same in this world what a boring world it would be :-) Best of honor  to the next featured Mom.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM

When my kids were born I was married to a worthless bum and had to work because all of his money he made on his job went to what he wanted so I needed to work so that I could provide for my kids, needless to say we divorced and when my kids were 6 and 11 I met the most wonderful man in this world and moved us 5 hours away from our home to be with him and his kids.  I finally got to be the stay at home mom I always wanted to be because of him and I am still a stay at home mom and this is 6 years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)