Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quinoa

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM
  • 15 Replies
How do you prepare your quinoa? I mean what do you put it with or in? How do you like it?
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Ive never made it. I bought some months ago and have never been brave enough to make it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I don't buy or make it.

jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I do not care for it sorry!

whitedaisies
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM

i make a batch, then split it up into rubbermaid containers for work. at work i mix with different vegetables. my favorite so far is canned tomatoes -the oregano, basil ones. soooo delicious. and it makes a very filling lunch.

3rd2bedue
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I can never find the stuff at the store!!!!!!!!!!! I look each trip and never find it! Where to get the darn stuff? 

AdriaD
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I actually buy mine at Costco.  The usually carry an organic brand that we love.  We don't eat much grain at all, but when we do, we eat gluten free ones.

We used it just like we would use rice. 

Quoting 3rd2bedue:

I can never find the stuff at the store!!!!!!!!!!! I look each trip and never find it! Where to get the darn stuff? 

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I don't like it, so I don't buy it.

aenima49
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I like it cooked, then chilled in salads & things.

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM
I have it as a side dish just plain with a drizzle of evoo. I have also mixed in diced tomatoes & basil, or sautéed mushrooms, red pepper, & scallions in olive oil & garlic, & tossed it with the cooked quinoa. I've seen recipes that mix in cooked beans, but haven't tried that yet.
DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Quoting 3rd2bedue:

Kroger has started carrying some flavored styles and they are on the same shelf as Uncle Ben's and Rice A Roni.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)