Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Man Steals Roommate's Milk & Gives Hilariously Bizarre Explanation

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

Man Steals Roommate's Milk & Gives Hilariously Bizarre Explanation

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans on May 31, 2012 at 1:56 PM

refrigeratorThere are few things more disappointing and infuriating than going to your own refrigerator or to the one in your office and finding the food you'd planned on eating has been stolen. Okay, there are plenty of things more disappointing, but the fact is it sucks, and people who knowingly steal other people's food are low.

One such thief, however, really wanted his roommate to know the why behind his crime. Instead of just saying sorry, Alex Koplow wrote an epic explanation to his roommate, explaining his actions, which his roommate then posted on Reddit. It's long, but it's a bizarre and fascinating read. He begins:

Mark,

Right about now you might be thinking, "Hey, what happened to my milk? It looks like somebody opened it and drank some of it.”

Well, good intuitions, Mark. You’re right. You’re a very good problem solver. Somebody did dink your milk. I did. This is Alex. Hello.

He goes on to list five reasons as to why he decided to drink the milk. From the most obvious -- that he wanted to eat cereal and didn't have any of his own -- to the truly bizarre fifth reason that read:

5. You were gone. I missed you. Perhaps drinking your milk was some subconscious, deep-rooted attempt at connecting with you. So asking why I took your milk is probably as unanswerable as asking why the heart does anything.

And oh, yes, it gets even freakier when he starts talking about another incident in which beer was involved. He said Mark offered him beers while they were playing a game the other night. He drank two, but declined the third "out of respect" for Mark and his purchases. BUT since it was offered to him, he still felt some ownership to it and used that to justify the milk theft.

That third beer, which in some sense I still have a claim to, was in the fridge last night. I did NOT drink that. I really considered it. But I thought, what would Mark want me to do.

Rock and hard Place, I know. But I did what I thought you would do: sacrifice a little bit of milk to your dear, hungry friend. If you disagree with this decision, you really have no one to blame but yourself. I was acting on your behalf.

In the end he offers some restitution including some beer and one (1) glass of his orange juice, but does conclude that he just may steal more of Mark's milk in the future. You can read the whole bizarre thing for yourself, and I promise it will make you appreciate any roommates you had or currently have. I think I would seriously question my safety if I got a note like this from someone with whom I was living.

I suppose it's better than him lying and saying he didn't do it, but the dude must have a lot of time on his hands ... and some serious issues. Food stealing is wrong -- very wrong -- but there's no use crying over a little stolen milk ... or taking the time and energy to craft an apology like this.

Have you ever had food stolen by a roommate or coworker? Did the thief offer any explanation?

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jessicasmom1
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM

haha ... oops

aenima49
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM

LOL!!!

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

LOL!!

SweetLuci
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I never had any stolen and I would never steal any, not after I got caught doing it when I was about 6. My older sister had taken me to the candy store with her and bought herself a little box, and me a little box of chocolates. Now these were some fine chocolates. I ate mine, but I noticed she saved her's for later, and I saw them on her dresser..and I just couldn't resist having one, but then I felt guilty so I gathered up what change was lefrt from my allowance, and put the money in the box, knowing she would think it was one of my brothers. But somehow she knew it was me-and the look she gave me withered me, and the talking to was even worse. I cried and cried and asked why she didn't ask my brothers if it was them...she said they would have just taken it and wouldn't have left payment! lol

VanBurren
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM

That's too funny!  I don't recall ever getting anything stolen, but my sweetie (Derrick) gets food stolen all the time.  They're starting to think it's cleaning people after hours. 

4kidz916
by Melissa on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Wow, that's a weird explanation.  I've never had food stolen, nor have I have stolen any.

Kelly913
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I've had food taken, but no explanation left. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)