Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Savor Summer Day 1: Family Traditions

Posted by   + Show Post

What does your family normally do on the Fourth of July? Do you have a barbecue or travel to see family? What about a camping trip or watching fireworks?

barbecuing                   family car                  icecream
Do you do the same thing every year? Take a few minutes today to reminisce about what you did as a child and what you do now with your family.

Share your family's holiday traditions below!

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Replies (51-60):
Bmat
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM

We watch fireworks on TV. This year we are going to a friend's for steamed crabs.

MamaMandee
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM

We have a cook out with family and light off fireworks!

dusky_rose
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

When we were kids, my dad would buy a bunch of fire crackers and my brothers would light them off as they got older. Now we usually go to a family reunion (on my dh's side) around the 4th of July and keep the 4th pretty simple. The neighbors usually light of tons of fireworks, so we just go outside to enjoy them.

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM

bbq

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

We do a BBQ followed by fireworks!

elasmimi
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

There is an old military base here that closed after WW2. The old parade grounds are encircled by beautiful Victorian houses that were once officers quarters, now private homes. Every year the symphony orchestra plays patriotic music. We take the kids, a picnic, and our chairs, and listen to the music while the kids play. After dark, there are fireworks.

SassyLady83
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM

HAVE A COOKOUT AND THEN GO SEE FIREWORKS

Cindy18
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Sometimes we celebrate the kids birthday. Sometimes we celebrate the 4th of July.

Always we go to watch the fireworks at Greenfield Village. We don't go into the Village but we watch from a very nearby school parking lot.

saraface5383
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Heck yeah we BBQ then set off fireworks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferw10
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM
My bestfriends parents host a huge cookout for family and friends and then we go watch fireworks. I love watching them on tv for Boston!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)