Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

4 Fantastic Frozen Fruit Popsicles the Whole Family Will Love

Posted by   + Show Post

4 Fantastic Frozen Fruit Popsicles the Whole Family Will Love

Posted by Kylie McConville on June 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM

frozen banana treatThere's nothing better than a sweet snack -- amirite or amirite? -- and in the summer I find myself reaching less for the gooey, chocolate, calorie-packed kind and more for the yummy, refreshing, fruity kind. You know what I also keep reaching for? Popsicles. I'm a snack-on-the-go kinda gal. I just love 'em! 

Now, if you don't see where I'm going with this, let me tell you I had a genius plan to put all three of the tasty treats' ingredients together and mmm, what a delicious idea! The best part? All you have to do is rinse, dip, freeze, and repeat. Easy, right? Check out these four frozen fruit popsicles that are as simple as they are scrumptious:

Frozen Banana Pops. They're the perfect summer treat and they're also probably the easiest to make. If you've got tiny tots who need an activity, this easy recipe is a fun, yummy way to keep them occupied. You can jazz up the ingredients, but nuts and dried coconut are my personal faves!

PB 'Nana Cream Bites. Doesn't the name itself just make you drool? Yum! This recipe can handle any add-ins and substitutes you think of, and they're all bite-size, too! Instead of sticking them on popsicles, try toothpicks -- they're just as fun and go along with the bite-size theme. If you're feeling daring, use almond butter instead of peanut butter. You can thank me later!

Frozen Fruit Kabobs might become a favorite at your house super fast! Soak the treats in a citrus-honey glaze and make them more nom-tastic than ever before! Skip the chocolate for dried coconut, sprinkles, or even minced nuts. So delish!!

Frozen Fruit Covered in Yogurt will have you singing "Mmmmm, I love you so!" Pick up a couple of cheap ice cube trays in different cute shapes and your kids won't even miss their favorite sugary, chocolate snacks. Though this recipe is a little vague, it's super easy to follow. Using flavored yogurt might make them a little bit more colorful -- and add toothpicks for grab 'n go delight! 

Do you have any delicious summer fruit recipes that are crowd pleasers?

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Replies (11-13):
Kelly913
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I've been seeing lots of neat ideas for fruit pops on facebook.  I'll have to find them and share here.  One was to simply make your favorite chocolate pudding and freeze in popsicle molds.  That sounds marvelous and I'm imagining all kinds of twists on that theme! 

Kelly913
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I like the frozen fruit covered in yogurt idea. 

Kelly913
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Here's a fun one for July 4th:

July 4th Rocket Pops on Family Fresh Cooking blog IMG-6118

You can use any fruits and berries you have on hand. Also feel free to play with the white stripe. You can use coconut milk, greek yogurt, heavy cream or anything else you can dream up.

What will you be doing for July 4th? Do you have any fun summer travel lined up?

Berry Bliss Rocket Pops!

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 5 minutes 

Cook Time: 10 minutes 

Total Time: 9 hours, 15 minutes 

Yield: 6 ice pops (10 ounces of each sauce)

Ingredients

Method

Berry Sauce
  • In two separate saucepans bring berries to boil with 1 tablespoon of water in each pan. Partially cover pans and reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes until berries are saucy.
  • Remove from heat and purée each sauce separately in a blender. Transfer the strawberry sauce to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
  • Pops
  • Fill pop molds 1/3 of the way with the strawberry sauce. Freeze for 3 hours or until frozen. Sweeten the Greek yogurt or coconut milk to taste. Fill the pop molds with 1/3 of the yogurt or coconut milk. Return to freezer for 3 hours or until frozen. Fill the molds, leaving 1/4 inch at the top with the blueberry sauce. Cover molds with tin foil and insert sticks until they reach the white layer. Freeze for another 3 hours or until solid.
  • Carefully remove pops from molds, you can run some warm water over the molds to make this easier.
  • Notes
  • You will end up with more berry sauce then you need for these pops. This is great to top pancakes, french toast, for mixed berry yogurt parfaits, oatmeal, cake ice cream, smoothies, shakes and more! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN