My husband recently fell in love with the Sâ€™mores dessert pizza from Papa Murphyâ€™s Take n Bake. All of sudden, heâ€™s wanting to order pizza in the middle of the week. I thought it was strange at first until I noticed he kept coming home with a Sâ€™mores pizza as well. Aha! Trickery! What he really wanted was some of their awesome Sâ€™mores dessert pizza!
I have to admit, itâ€™s quite good. But, when I looked at the ingredient list, I was a little disappointed with all the processed items included in the list. So, I whipped up my very own copy cat recipe and I have to say *ahem* that it is very tasty. I wonâ€™t pretend that itâ€™s healthy. So, if you see me running laps around the blockâ€¦now you know whyâ€¦Iâ€™m working off dessert.
Copy Cat Recipe for:
Papa Murphyâ€™s Sâ€™mores Pizza
- Your Favorite Pizza crust (you can buy store made or I like this recipe because itâ€™s simple, quick, and quite good)
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons Softened Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- Mini Marshmallows
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare crust as you normally would.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter with a fork until you have corn meal consistency. Mix in the rolled oats.
- Sprinkle this mixture across your pizza crust
- Liberally sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate chips onto crust
- Bake pizza crust as directed. *Note, if youâ€™re crust cooking time is longer than 10 minutes, youâ€™ll want to wait and add the marshmallows when there is just about 10 minutes left for the pizza to cook. That prevents them from getting to toasty*