Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

What food would you like to try deep-fried? How about breakfast food?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM
  • 16 Replies

Deep-Fried Cereal Will Start Your Morning Off Deliciously Wrong

Posted by Adriana Velez on June 19, 2012 at 3:36 PM

deep-fried cereal

As sugary breakfast cereals go, Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch are probably at the top of the "fun" heap. But you know what they're both missing? A big, thick layer of deep-fried dough, that's what. Introducing Totally Fried Cereal, the invention of deep-fried-foods master "Chicken" Charlie Boghosian. Breakfast of Champions, my friends!

Charlie is debuting his deep-fried cereal at this year's San Diego County Fair. Last year his great masterpiece was deep-fried Kool-Aid, one of the greatest food inventions in culinary history. Not really. But he sold 1.1 million of them. Think he can sell as many of these new deep-fried cereal bars?

Somewhere out there Dr. Oz is fainting.

Anyway, as you'll see in the video below Charlie actually deep-fries cereal bars instead of loose cereal. I don't know ... This is neat, I guess. But it's not the exciting feat of last year's Kool-Aid balls. You bite into those and you get this lava flow of tangy Kool-Aid. Chicken Charlie does a deep-fried Klondike bar, too, which must be amazing: Under the batter there's still-frozen ice cream.

With the fried cereal, isn't it just more of the same crunchy/sweet texture? I think the deep-fried foods trick works better when there's more of a contrast between the fried batter and what's inside. Maybe Charlie is just having an off year. Charlie, may the gods of deep-fried inspiration be with you next year!

Click HERE to see video.

What food would you like to try deep-fried?

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Melissa on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I'm not a fan of most of the deep fried treats.  And I really wouldn't like the deep fried cereal. 

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I'm not a fan of fried foods.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM

There's a restaurant in town that stuffs huge dill pickles with ham or salami and cheese, then dips them in a beer batter and deep fries them.  I'd LOVE to try one of those!  Other than that, I'm not a big fan of deep fried foods...except beer battered onion rings.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM
This doesn't sound appealing to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM
I trying to avoid fried foods
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

There's a restaurant in town that stuffs huge dill pickles with ham or salami and cheese, then dips them in a beer batter and deep fries them.  I'd LOVE to try one of those!  Other than that, I'm not a big fan of deep fried foods...except beer battered onion rings.

You would think that with a sealing beer batter coating, pickles would explode when deep fried. I've had that happen with other foods before.

aenima49
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I'm not a fan of fried foods but I wouldn't mind trying a pickle!

lovemyfriend
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I've already tried it, but deep fried cauliflower is AMAZING.

Satan71
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM

This actually sounds awesome to me.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Satan71
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I grew up going to fairs and rodeos so I have tried ALOT of  deep fried stuff. my three favs are ice cream, asparagas, and oreo cookies. With all of the dietary changes we have made in the last 5 years I haven't had any of them in ages, but I did love them back then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)