Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Need brown bag camp lunch ideas

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
Sending DD 10 to a parks & rec day camp for a week in July. She needs to bring lunch, but no nuts, nut butters, etc. due to allergies. So what can I send her with that will not spoil in the summer heat? The only thing I'm coming up with is beef jerky. But I wouldn't want to give her that every day... Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM

cheese sticks made with hard cheese

pudding cups

fruit

guacamole or salsa & tortilla chips

cold cheese pizza (freeze it overnight, wrap well in foil and let it defrost until lunchtime)

dill pickles

jelly/jam sandwiches

graham crackers

Ritz bits

Alieda
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Carrots sticks
Chips the small bags
Lunch meat sandwich but with mustard not mayo
leftovers fry chicken
Muffins and fruit cup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Satan71
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:05 PM

you could do a muffin, fruit of choice, freeze a yogurt tube and wrap in foil to defrost and keep cool till lunch and a drink.

in situations like this i admit i throw out some of my nutrition rules and buy prepackaged items like cracker packs, jerky, yogurt tubes, ect... i still find organic choices but i do buy premade. So, I'm having problems coming up with homemade stuff. ( ;

jaydensmomma707
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM

peanut butter crackers, carrot sticks, chips, muffins, apples, bananas

scapermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Thanks for the ideas & inspiration. She likes salads & raw veggies (carrots, mushrooms, etc.) so I can give her that with either cheese cut up or edamame for some protein. No dressing though. same with the fruit, bananas, apples, grapes (I can freeze them overnight) & berries. Im going to call next week to see if they put the kids lunches in a cooler which would help. Chips & crackers are good additions. Same with the frozen yogurt. She will eat all that. Muffins are one of the only things she won't eat. Only those prepackaged tiny mini chocolate chip muffins in a bag. Oh well, it's only one week!
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Use an insulated bag and put a small frozen thing in there to help keep things cool. You can freeze fruit cups and lots of other things. I make little sandwiches using dinner rolls, lunch meat(turkey, ham, bologna etc) and a smear of butter, wrap and freeze, and it's thawed by lunch time. Carrot and celery sticks, grape tomatoes. Putting everything in that's cold will help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN