Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Is this the right group? Looking for OAMC.

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:49 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hey Y'all. My name is Dee. I am looking for ladies who do once a month cooking/ or bi-weekly cooking & freezing. Does any one in this group do bulk cooking and freezing. I am looking to start/in the process of starting and I am looking for seasoned person to get tips and tricks from. 

Thanks in advanced. 

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I do.  Where are you looking to start?  What tips do you need?

SweetLuci
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I do double batch cooking-doubling a recipe and freezing half for later-but some of the same things apply. I use ziplock freezer bags to freeze most thing, because they lay flat and take up less room. For some dishes, like casseroles, I line the dish with foil,place ingredients, then freeze, double wrap and when ready to bake, it easily goes into the same dish again. Here's a site that might help you

http://orgjunkie.com/2008/11/freezer-cooking-tutorials-and-recipes.html

4kidz916
by Melissa on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I don't do it, but good luck!! 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Not I. There are lots of ladies here that can help though! Bump for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly913
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I did it once a number of years ago and at the time wasn't what I was looking for.  There were just two of us and everything was for a family of 6.  I did the 2 week version and was still using those meals 6 weeks later!  I think it's a great idea, but I had been looking to prep things that I could reheat/bake individual servings of.  

Here's a facebook page for OAMC:  http://www.facebook.com/onceamonthmom?ref=ts  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)