Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Daily Crock Pot Recipe! (Cajun-Seasoned Chicken)

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

CAJUN-SEASONED CHICKEN

3 slices bacon, cut up
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/3 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
2 2/3 cups water

• 1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Add bell pepper, onion and celery; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. With slotted spoon, spoon bacon and vegetables into 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
  • 2. Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning; place in same skillet. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. Arrange chicken and any remaining drippings over vegetables in slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over chicken. Stir in remaining teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
  • 3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
  • 4. About 30 minutes before serving time, cook rice in water as directed on package. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.

Find other great recipes here: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cajun-seasoned-chicken/572eec3b-c7ce-4464-bf30-94f2fe9ebccc

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Melissa on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I love cajun flavors. 

4kidz916
by Melissa on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I have everything for this except chicken thighs.  I may put this in the crock before I head to work this morning.  (Since I was sick on Thursday and Friday when I usually plan my menu for the week we don't have a meal plan for this week). 

VanBurren
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quoting 4kidz916:

I love cajun flavors. 

Me, too.  I stock up on Cajun seasoning:)

VanBurren
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Quoting 4kidz916:

I have everything for this except chicken thighs.  I may put this in the crock before I head to work this morning.  (Since I was sick on Thursday and Friday when I usually plan my menu for the week we don't have a meal plan for this week). 

Be sure to give us an update.

4kidz916
by Melissa on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I sure will.  I forgot to add in my previous comment that I don't have thighs but I do have chicken breast so that's what I'm using. 

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Be sure to give us an update.

aenima49
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Yum!

andrea96
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Thanks! I'm going to have to try this one.

Stephanie3804
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM

That looks good. I will have to try that!

lillucky8
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Ooh that looks delish!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Melissa on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM

We just finished dinner with this recipe.  It's a keeper.  I used chicken breast instead of thighs and I left out the bacon.  My son has already put in a request to have this as his birthday meal next year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)