Daily Crock Pot Recipe! (Cajun-Seasoned Chicken)
- 3 slices bacon, cut up
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Add bell pepper, onion and celery; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. With slotted spoon, spoon bacon and vegetables into 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning; place in same skillet. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. Arrange chicken and any remaining drippings over vegetables in slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over chicken. Stir in remaining teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
- 3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- 4. About 30 minutes before serving time, cook rice in water as directed on package. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
Find other great recipes here: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cajun-seasoned-chicken/572eec3b-c7ce-4464-bf30-94f2fe9ebccc