3 Delicious, Easy Ways to Do Fried Chicken & Potato Salad
In case you were wondering, National Fried Chicken Day was Friday. I celebrated with some spicy chicken bites from a fast food chain like the goddamn great American citizen that I am. And you? If you missed your chance to publicly gorge yourself with deep fried poultry in the name of patriotic celebration on Friday, don't worry. If you ask me, every day is National Fried Chicken Day. With that in mind, here are three phenomenal fried chicken recipes and three amazing potato salad recipes that will blow your mustard and mayonnaise loving mind.
What are you waiting for? Get out the frying pan and the potato peeler stat.
Fried Chicken Recipes
- Paula Deen is pretty much synonymous with delicious fried stuff, so her southern fried chicken recipe will not disappoint. Texas Pete hot sauce is what sets this ingredient list apart from the rest.
- What's better than fried chicken? Easy fried chicken. The recipe from Real Simple keeps it ... real simple.
- And for you health-conscious out there, this Good Housekeeping recipe shaves 240 calories and 22 grams of fat off each serving.
Potato Salad Recipes
- If you're a mustard fanatic like me, this Bobby Flay German potato salad recipe is right up your alley. If you get crazy and allow the potatoes to cook in the dressing, you won't be disappointed.
- Love mayo? This all-American potato salad recipe is what most people think of when they ponder our nation's greatest side dish. It's secret? Sour cream and bacon.
- If you want all the great potato salad taste without all the fat, this low-fat recipe is great. Dill, lemon, and parsley make this recipe shine.
What's your favorite fried chicken or potato salad recipe? Share your secrets!