This recipe from Sweettreatsmore.com looks delicious
Sweet Charity Pie
from Debbie Mortensen
1 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, soft
8 oz cream cheese, soft
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup powdered sugar
21 oz can Cherry Pie Filling
1 (8 oz) carton of cool whip or 1 cup fresh whipping cream
Preheat oven to 375.
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, pecans, brown sugar and butter. Use two butter knives or a pastry blender to cut in the butter. Mix until well combined and crumble forms. Spread crumb mixture into a sheet cake pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, stirring once half way through.
2. Let cool, then press crumbs into a 9 in. round pie pan, reserving 1 cup of the crumbs for later. Refrigerate to completely cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and almond extract. Beat until smooth and creamy.
4. In another bowl, combine cherry pie filling and cool whip (or whipping cream).
5. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crumb crust in the pie dish. Some of the crumbs might lift as you try to spread the cream cheese layer. It helps if you dollop the cream cheese mixture all over the top of the crust, then try to spread.
6. Top with the cherry pie-cool whip mixture.
7. Cover with the pecans your reserved earlier. I used about 1/2 cup, but feel free to use the entire 1 cup if you want.