Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Bobby Deen's Light Baked Spaghetti

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

Picture of Light Baked Spaghetti Recipe

Ingredients:

6 ounces whole-wheat angel hair pasta
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup water
1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage, casings removed
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon Paula Deen Seasoned Salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions:

Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. 

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until crisp-tender, 2 – 3 minutes. Add water and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned, 6 – 8 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, seasoned salt, and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the flavors are blended, about 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole with nonstick spray.

Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, tossing well to combine. Spoon half the pasta mixture into the casserole. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon the remaining pasta mixture over top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover loosely with a tent of foil sprayed with nonstick spray. (Do not let foil touch cheese). Bake until the filling is hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted, 20 – 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tazmidgiefairy
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I wanna try a couple of his recipes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

We make a few of his whatever looks good gets wrote down and file until I have sometime to get to it.

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

I wanna try a couple of his recipes

4kidz916
by Melissa on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Thanks for sharing.  Sounds good. 

elijahsmama09
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
His recipes are hit and miss to me. His light recipes often lack a lot of flavor.
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had the same problem. I like healthier recipes, but they have to have flavor or no one in my family will eat them...so it's then a lost cause. My baked spaghetti recipe has sour cream & cream cheese.

Quoting elijahsmama09:

His recipes are hit and miss to me. His light recipes often lack a lot of flavor.

elijahsmama09
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Quoting SweetLuci:

I've had the same problem. I like healthier recipes, but they have to have flavor or no one in my family will eat them...so it's then a lost cause. My baked spaghetti recipe has sour cream & cream cheese.

Quoting elijahsmama09:

I think the recipe I use is from you, lol. It has sour cream and cream cheese in it, and its delicious.
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Thank you. My family loves it. I just made some last week for a woman whose husband died unexpectedly. She doesn't cook, but now she said she may have to start because she and her son loved it. lol

Quoting elijahsmama09:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting elijahsmama09:

I think the recipe I use is from you, lol. It has sour cream and cream cheese in it, and its delicious.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Lol!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Thank you. My family loves it. I just made some last week for a woman whose husband died unexpectedly. She doesn't cook, but now she said she may have to start because she and her son loved it. lol

Quoting elijahsmama09:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting elijahsmama09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Looks great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Sweet"Luci, can you post your recipe? I'm due to have twins in 9 weeks, my 4 year old loves spaghetti and I'm in need of fast, easy recipes for when the baby comes. Yours sounds yummy!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting elijahsmama09:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting elijahsmama09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)