Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Let's Spice Things Up! (with Paprika)

Posted by   + Show Post

PAPRIKA

Paprika is a colorful ground spice made from various types of bell and/or chili peppers.  There are many different variations of the spice....Spanish, Hungarian, mild-to-very spicy, sweet and smoked.

The uses are just as varied, from sprinkling over chicken and fish to adding to roasted potatoes, soups and sauces.

Check out this interesting blog on how to make your own ground paprika: http://honest-food.net/2009/05/10/homemade-paprika-because-i-can/

The peppers used for paprika are rich in vitamin C and high in other antioxidants, so not only does paprika have beautiful color, but it also has health benefits.

Paprika can also be used cosmetically.  It can be mixed with henna to help add a reddish tint to hair, and did you know that paprika is sometimes used to give color to lipstick and powders in makeup?

Would I find a jar of paprika in your cabinet?  What kind of dishes do you use it in?

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Replies (11-18):
tna7477
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM
It is a nice add to dinner or even a dessert or snack!! We love it we also sometimes add walnuts

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

We cut banana in half spread mayo over top and sprinkle paprika over. Yummmm good. I add it for color to some meals!!

Now, that sounds really interesting.  I would've never thought to put it on bananas (nor mayo, for that matter!  LOL).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VanBurren
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

It sounds so strange to me......but I know I'm going to have to try it to see what it tastes like.  The girls at work are worried for me to try it, though.....LOL  Ashton is like, "Oh, please don't try that.".......LOL   Ok, how much mayo do I use for one banana?

Quoting tna7477:

It is a nice add to dinner or even a dessert or snack!! We love it we also sometimes add walnuts

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

We cut banana in half spread mayo over top and sprinkle paprika over. Yummmm good. I add it for color to some meals!!

Now, that sounds really interesting.  I would've never thought to put it on bananas (nor mayo, for that matter!  LOL).

tna7477
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Hahahahaha I grew up with it do it is normal. I just spread enough on to cover the top of half. Don't take much. See we also do banana halves with peanut butter and drizzle honey over them. Yum

Quoting VanBurren:

It sounds so strange to me......but I know I'm going to have to try it to see what it tastes like.  The girls at work are worried for me to try it, though.....LOL  Ashton is like, "Oh, please don't try that.".......LOL   Ok, how much mayo do I use for one banana?

Quoting tna7477:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VanBurren
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Now that sounds like it would be good!  Makes more sense anyway:)  lol

Quoting tna7477:

Hahahahaha I grew up with it do it is normal. I just spread enough on to cover the top of half. Don't take much. See we also do banana halves with peanut butter and drizzle honey over them. Yum

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

tna7477
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Hahahahaha right pb does make more since but the mayo bananas are yummy as well!

Quoting VanBurren:

Now that sounds like it would be good!  Makes more sense anyway:)  lol

Quoting tna7477:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I do the pb and honey with bananas and it is delicious. 

Quoting tna7477:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

Quoting VanBurren:

Quoting tna7477:

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I use it in homemade BBQ sauce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I loooove paprika, I prefer to get the smoked paprika but I cheaped out this time, mistake on my part. Won't be doing that again! I use it in my stroganoff sauce, a bit on my dillweed porkchops, my homemade spaghetti sauce, and even in my curry pastes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN