- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded, reserve 2 tablespoons (I used fat free)
1Preheat oven to 350* F.
2Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
3Add garlic, onions, tomato, green onion, cumin, and chili powder.
4Cook on medium heat until onion is tender.
5Add tomato sauce and cook 5 minutes more.
6Stir in beans, cilantro, salt and pepper.
7Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
8Layer 4 tortillas, 1/3 cheese, and 1/3 of the bean mixture; repeat 2 more times.
9Top with reserved 2 tablespoons of cheese.
10Bake 20 minutes, covered, then 10 minutes uncovered or until bubbly.