This is a new recipe for us and we really enjoyed it. I found it to be
very versatile, since it can be eaten as is, with rice, on a tortilla,
or over salad greens.
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dry minced garlic
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Cut chicken into 6 to 8 pieces or into 1/4 inch thick strips. Mix paprika, dry minced garlic, thyme, and black pepper, and stir about 1/3 of the mixture into the chicken.
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add seasoned chicken and brown. Add pepper strips and onion wedges and cover; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and as much of the red pepper flakes as desired. Stir until heated through and serve.