Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freezer meals

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

Do you make freezer meals?  I used to (using Once A Month Cooking) but my family was so picky . . . I'm going to give it another try, though.

Any good recipes?  Or tips? 

jugglingJoin me in The Lounge for more conversation!
               Or come chat on The Park Bench!

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jenn8604
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Nope. We eat the leftovers the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poptart0325
by Kayla on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM
No, we usually eat leftovers the following day or make just enough to last one time. I would love to make freezer meals but unfortunately I don't have much freezer space.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Face it - freezer containers are UGLY! That means that they are unappetizing. They crack & split - Why put expensive food in them and the labor that goes into it - priceless.

Kelly913
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I've seen many recipes that use ziplock bags.  Takes up less space and not expensive. 

Quoting DissieDothe:

Face it - freezer containers are UGLY! That means that they are unappetizing. They crack & split - Why put expensive food in them and the labor that goes into it - priceless.

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

Kelly913
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Here are some resources for you.

http://goodcheapeats.com/

http://onceamonthmom.com/ 

eesmommy
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Yes, I always keep at least a weeks worth of meals prepped in my freezer for those days when I know I will be too busy to make supper, I tend to keep more crockpot friendly meals on hand though, its easier to pop it in the crock and go, knowing supper will be ready when we get home:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I do , often double batches of meatballs ,, so one day we do meatballs subs , in a few weeks meatballs with spaghetti, or sweet and sour meatballs.... for example , I freezer cook for Father when we travel so I know he has cooked food here all he needs to do is thaw and heat up. Lasagna, chicken and dumplings, chicken soup, chili, beef stew I find it easier 

Marti123
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Good luck.

My DH will eat all foods as lpng as they taste GOOD, so he is picky with freezer foods too. Freezing changes a lot of textures which ruin many prepared main dishes, imo. The few that do work, lasagna or heavier pasta dishes but not cream based, chicken pot pies, I use several recipes from Cook's country magazines designed for freezing. I also blanch and freeze my garden vegetables and marinara sauce.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)