Daily Chocolate Fix. . .(Chocolate Chai Sugar Cookies)
I found these interesting cookies on a great website that I think you all would enjoy:
CHOCOLATE CHAI SUGAR COOKIES
- 2-¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1-¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2-½ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- ½ teaspoons Ground Allspice
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper (the Stuff In The Tin, Not Freshly Ground)
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats; set aside.
2. Whisk flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl until evenly combined; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, and black pepper. Reserve ¼ cup for rolling the cookies in.
4. Cream the butter with the remaining sugar and spice mixture until light and fluffy.
5. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture, beating until well incorporated.
6. Blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture in 3 additions, stirring until just combined.
7. Use a small scoop to portion dough, rolling between your palms to form smooth balls. Roll the dough balls in the reserved sugar and spice mixture to coat.
8. Place coated dough balls on to the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake at 350ºF for 8 minutes, or until cookies appear set on the edges, but still a little soft in the middle.
10. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to rest on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
Adapted from My Baking Addiction.