Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas

Posted by   + Show Post

I need some ideas for healthy breakfast stuff that can be grabbed on the way out the door. DH has gotten into the bad habit of stopping at the gas station on his way to work and buying a bunch of crap, instead of eating breakfast at home. I need to break him of this habit quickly!

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Replies (21-25):
JacksMom1221
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I sometimes pre make the yogurt and granola parfaits the nite before. You can grab one of the big tubs of vanilla or strawberry yogurt, some fresh berries and then layer yogurt, berries, granola, repeat. If u premake a bunch don't add the granola til that morning or it will get soggy.

Oatmeal is often overlooked but it fills you up and sticks with you (and is good for the heart!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly913
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Yeah, I cringe when I read of women doing this.  Like you said, he's a grown man, not a child. 

But I don't really feel like I should have to do this. He's a grown man for crying out loud, but our budget can't handle this every day kinda stuff. 

Kelly913
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I'm always looking for protein rich ideas to take on the road when we have to leave the house early.  I make a pretty high protein smoothie most days, but it just doesn't fill us up.   Thanks for asking the question, I have some ideas now!

jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

breakfast burritos , sausage biscuits with egg  you can freeze them pop in microwave for a few seconds , 

4kidz916
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM

That sounds good.  Thanks for the idea.  

Quoting michiganmom116:

Spread pancakes with nut butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.  Roll around a banana and serve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)