Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Need school lunch ideas for ..

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

a 12 yr old boy and a 6 yr old girl. They have no food allergies. I don't want them to get tired of the same old thing. Help me keep it creative!! Thanks!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

rolled ups can be turkey, ham, hummus I put cream chesse then lettuce, tomatoes then the meat, cheese  roll and cut them up. Water bottle and Yogurt I freeze by the time lunch comes they are cold but thawed.  

In the colder days I pack a thermos with chili, side of cheese, bread and butter , carrots and celery sticks  , fruit  or soup , hot chocolate, sometimes she will take leftovers .. not too often she likes fried chicken, and pizza to take.  

I also make breads like zucchini bread, banana bread, carrot cake , pineapple upside down mini's , cheesecake mini's she would gladly take.

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Banana bread or zucchini bread sliced thinly and sandwiched with cream chees or peanut butter. cubes of ham or turkey and cheese with crackers. wraps. soup and stews, macaroni & cheese, spagherri in a squat thermos container. Nutella wraps or sandwich. Cut the bread in half, quarters, or use a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter. fruit salad. carrot raisin salad. freeze yogurt, it'll be thawed by lunchtime. Make sandwiches on dinner rolls. Most kids like things that are small.

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Depends on if the boy is in middle school (6th grade) or jr high. Is the girl going from k to 1st OR 1st to 2nd? She may be transitioning from cute to cool. He may be transitioning from quantity to quality.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yum!  I'd go back to school just to have you pack me a lunch!

Quoting jessicasmom1:

rolled ups can be turkey, ham, hummus I put cream chesse then lettuce, tomatoes then the meat, cheese  roll and cut them up. Water bottle and Yogurt I freeze by the time lunch comes they are cold but thawed.  

In the colder days I pack a thermos with chili, side of cheese, bread and butter , carrots and celery sticks  , fruit  or soup , hot chocolate, sometimes she will take leftovers .. not too often she likes fried chicken, and pizza to take.  

I also make breads like zucchini bread, banana bread, carrot cake , pineapple upside down mini's , cheesecake mini's she would gladly take.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Quoting SweetLuci:

Banana bread or zucchini bread sliced thinly and sandwiched with cream chees or peanut butter.

These bring back memories...some of my favorites to have in my lunch!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)