Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

Spinach & Mushroom Frittata

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM
  • 6 Replies

Spinach & Mushroom Frittata

Posted By Mrs.Edge On September 1, 2011 @ 12:29 pm In All Recipes,Eggs

Cooking Time: 15 minutes

Serves: 4

Ingredients and Cooking Steps

• 10 eggs
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 4 tbsp full fat coconut milk
  • 1 cp mushrooms, diced
  • 1 cup of meat of your choice
  • 1/4 cp chopped tomatoes
  • salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, dried parsley

The great thing about this recipe is it doesn’t have to be exact. You can add a couple more eggs, or cut back a few to add more veggies or meat. Almost any veggies or meat will do but I LOVE this particular combination. A frittata is the perfect dish to make with leftovers too! Just skip the sauteing of veggies.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook spinach in 1/4 cp water in covered pot for 2 minutes, just until wilted, drain & set aside.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs & coconut milk. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper & parsley & give a final whisk.

Saute onions & mushrooms in the olive oil & coconut oil over medium heat in an oven proof skillet for 3 minutes. Add garlic & tomatoes & continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes, until onions are translucent. Add cooked spinach to the mix and lightly salt & pepper the mixture.

Add chopped meat of your choice (I used a leftover angus burger but ham, bacon, turkey, pork – anything would be delicious!) About 1 cup is a good amount to use. Mix thoroughly.

Spread mixture even into bottom of skillet. Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture. Use spatula to lift up spinach mixture along sides of pan to let the egg mixture flow underneath.

Cook mixture on stove top on medium heat until about half set, put the skillet in the preheated oven and cook for 13-15 minutes or until puffy & golden.

Finish by placing frittata under the broiler for up to a minute to get a deeper brown color & a bit of crispiness. Be very careful handling the skillet! It’s extremely hot once placed in the oven. Allow to cool before slicing. Makes 4-6 servings.

Article printed from Fast Paleo: http://fastpaleo.com

URL to article: http://fastpaleo.com/spinach-mushroom-frittata/

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kelly913
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I can't get local spinach this time of year.  I need some though, need lots and lots of greens in my diet right now.  

I tried cooking eggs in coconut oil once and none of us liked it at all.  The sweetness of the oil doesn't bother you with eggs? 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quoting Kelly913:

I can't get local spinach this time of year.  I need some though, need lots and lots of greens in my diet right now.  

I tried cooking eggs in coconut oil once and none of us liked it at all.  The sweetness of the oil doesn't bother you with eggs? 

I used olive oil/butter mix.  I'm out of coconut oil right now.  We also get the coconut oil that doesn't have any flavor. 

Kelly913
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I wondered about that.  I think we'll just stick to good ol' butter for our eggs. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting Kelly913:

I used olive oil/butter mix.  I'm out of coconut oil right now.  We also get the coconut oil that doesn't have any flavor. 

Some Things Cookin' at my blog! 

4kidz916
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

This looks like it has a lot of flavors that I would enjoy.  Thanks for sharing. 

jcsafc51
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:14 AM

sounds yummy!

aneela
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM

YUM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN