In Season: 16 Recipes for Sweet Bell Peppers
Sweet bell peppers are such wonderful and versatile vegetables (even though they're technically a fruit). Delicious raw or cooked, bell peppers are packed with vitamins and contain no capsaicin, which is what makes chile peppers hot. They can be enjoyed by everyone without the fear of scorching, tongue-tingling heat. We love bell peppers because they work well with a number of cooking methods -- sauteing, grilling, roasting or broiling. And the different colors -- green, yellow, orange, red -- add so much visual appeal to recipes. It's difficult not to love them.
Browse through our collection of recipes. You'll recognize many as favorites, like the classic sausage-and-pepper hero sandwich. Rice-stuffed peppers are a great dish that can work as a side or main. For recipes like our red pepper dip, you'll want to blister and remove the skin, so that it's more enjoyable to eat. Try any of these sweet recipes today.
Click the Arrows to Browse the Recipes
- Rainbow Pepper Saute
- Grilled Pepper Salad
- Wild Stuffed Peppers
- Baked Red Pepper and Baby Tomatoes with Mozzarella Pearls on Fresh Pasta
- Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Rice Salad with Green Olives and Sweet Peppers
- Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans and Red Peppers
- Sauteed Red Bell Peppers with Caper Sauce
- Sausage, Fennel and Red Pepper Pizza
- Sausage with Many Peppers
- Southwestern Steak and Peppers
- Roasted Pepper and Caramelized Onion Dip
- Hero sandwiches are a New York City favorite. The classic recipe needs no reinvention. It's just sauteed bell peppers and onions with griddled sausages, all tucked into a soft roll." href="http://www.kitchendaily.com/photos/bell-pepper-recipes/4347142/" data-media-id="4347142" data-photo-src="http://www.blogcdn.com/www.kitchendaily.com/media/2011/08/sausage-and-pepper-heros-quentinbaconfw434x369.jpg" data-credit="Quentin Bacon, Food & Wine">Sausage and Pepper Heros
- Thai Beef and Peppers
- Tuna and Red Pepper Antipasto
- This recipe may look complicated but it's actually easy. Make a soup base and divide it in half. Puree the peeled, roasted red and yellow peppers separately with each base. To serve, simultaneously ladle the soups into bowls." href="http://www.kitchendaily.com/photos/bell-pepper-recipes/4347136/" data-media-id="4347136" data-photo-src="http://www.blogcdn.com/www.kitchendaily.com/media/2011/08/red-and-yellow-pepper-soup369.jpg" data-credit="Allison Fishman">Red and Yellow Pepper Soup
Rainbow Pepper Saute
Saute a number of different colored bell peppers for this versatile dish. Serve it as a side, or sandwich or crostini topping.
Some Things Cookin' at my blog!