Stir Fried Rice With Asian Vegetables And BeefPhoto: Alexandra Rowley
- 1 8 oz 3/4" thick sirloin or top round steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 bag (14 oz) frozen stir fry or asian vegetable mix
- 1 pouch (10 oz) frozen brown rice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/2 C diagonally sliced scallions
- 1/4 C coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Toss steak with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce.
- Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil. Place steak in single layer and cook without stirring to brown, about 1 minute. Cook another minute, stirring once or twice, until all pink is gone. With slotted spoon or tongs, transfer meat to dish and set aside.
- Add vegetables to skillet's juices and stir fry over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cook rice per package directions.
- Add ginger and garlic to skillet and stir fry 30 seconds. Add steak, cooked rice, scallions, peanuts, and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir fry until heated through