Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

How do you store your Recipes?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

Ok I know that I am posting alot of questions, but being new here and trying to get it all together...or at least more together than it is now......

How do you all keep track of and store your recipes? I have some in an old photo album but they keep falling out...I was thinking of putting them on cards and then getting like a closeable plastic box with a lid and sort them by main ingrediant? I am trying to get organized and yet still have it be a useable option..

I am also trying to create a new weekly planner for the fridge and dont know if i should be looking to just stick the card with the day on the fridge or???

Wow guess that is alot of questions in one...Sorry but for someone that is just starting out..I am truely wondering arround lost....    confusedthank you all for your help

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mewebb82
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I have a recipe box and a folder with page protectors for larger printouts.

August07Mom
by Tiesha on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I use a recipe box for some and have a 3-ring binder for others.
eesmommy
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I have recipes from both grandmothers, aunts, my mom, my mil, my own concoctions, ones I have found through the years, my friends moms..... in other words.... I have a lot.
I type them all out in a word document on.my computer, print it out, and keep them on those nice binders, One is for desserts, one for main courses and sides, one for misc.... I then donated all my recipe books and cards and papers to a womens shelter, the women have the oportunity to copy them down and take them with them, its one where the women have to take turns cooking so hey actually get a chance to try before they copy them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I have so many sources for recipes that I can't keep track of them...so I started my recipes blog and my Rhonda's Home Kitchen group here on CM to store my family's favorites.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I post the week's menu on the fridge. My family is so used to it that they panic when it's not there! LOL They like to see what we'll be having for the week and I hear a lot of "I can't wait for (day of the week)"
TheMaskedMommy
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM
i use MasterCook. im dying for the new version (11). i hear it even has an iphone app lol. the software allows you to store recipes, meal plan, and make shopping lists based on your meal plans. even organizes by aisle :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andrea96
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I have mine everywhere. I have 3 boxes of index cards (2 boxes were inherited from my grandma and the other has been mine since I was a child). I have a lot of cookbooks and magazines. I'm gradually getting all of mine organized in a binder with copies on my external hard drive and/or evernote.

k9l1c5
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I have a folder in my favorites on the internet from recipes I find on here and as I make them I print them out (only the first time I make it) and as of right now just have a pile of them lol. I need to find something to put them in. I don't really have any other recipes than that since I just started too not long ago.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
**Please excuse any spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes-
I am normally holding baby with one hand and typing with the other!**
LexRi0709
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM
2 ways. I have a 3in 3 ring binder that all my printed recipes are categorized in. I have them divided by breakfast, snacks/apps, main - chicken, pork, ground beef, dessert- cakes, pies, breads, brownies, muffins/cupcakes

I also use allrecipes.com. on there I save things using the same categories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I have my Grandmother's , my Mother's in binders , then mine and DH are in a keep safe box for DD , then I have mine in memory along with some of DH . Some here in the group , others when I go out in search of something new if we like it then it gets added to the keep safe box.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)