Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffeecake
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons butter
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender to a crumbly mixture (i use my food processor for this step). Set aside.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Libby's 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12−cup Bundt pan or an angel food pan, both work well with this recipe.
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
Beat sugar and butter in mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin puree, sour cream and vanilla until incorporated. Gradually beat in flour mixture and mix well.
Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with streusel mixture over batter (do not allow the streusel to touch edges of pan).
Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice or milk ( i use orange, it compliments the pumpkin cake).
In a small bowl, add all ingredients stirring until smooth with a wire whisk. Drizzle glaze over cake.
NOTE: if making mini loaves, bake approximately 20 to 25 minutes, depending on your oven.