Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

If it was YOU

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

I enjoy cooking, but get tired of the same thing every week. I did not get the creative imagination cooking gene, so I don't see food and say " oh wow I could make _____" lol. 

So if YOU had the following items what would you make for dinner?

1. Boneless pork chops

2. hamburger meat

3. Boneless skinless chicken breast

4. potatoes

5. rice

6. corn, broc., green beans, peas

7. bow tie noodles

8. condenscend soups

there is NO fruit in the house, I did see some nice apple pork chop receipes, but no apples, oh an no brown sugar! 

Thank you for your help!

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I don't see onions, garlic, celery, or green bells so I would skip the ground beef. Unless you have condensed cream of cheddar soup, I would skip the chicken breast too.

I probably would broil the pork chops and use the drippings to make some scalloped potatoes and serve with a side of peas.   

mommythree0508
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Dice the chicken breasts and put in the crockpot with a couple cans of condensed soup and broccoli. Serve with pasta.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy cooking, but get tired of the same thing every week. I did not get the creative imagination cooking gene, so I don't see food and say " oh wow I could make _____" lol. 

So if YOU had the following items what would you make for dinner?

1. Boneless pork chops    Balsamic pork chops and rice

2. hamburger meat     spaghetti or chili

3. Boneless skinless chicken breast    baked chicken, marinated grilled chicken, chicken casserole, chicken and dumplings

4. potatoes   oven roasted potates, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, potato soup, potato casserole, hash browns, homemade oven baked fries

5. rice   chicken and rice soup, stir fry served over rice, chicken and rice casserole, rice pilaf, spanish rice, Spanish Paella

6. corn, broc., green beans, peas     corn on the cob, various casseroles, steamed veggies, stir frys

7. bow tie noodles   bow tie pasta salad, pasta with marinara

8. condenscend soups  casseroles

there is NO fruit in the house, I did see some nice apple pork chop receipes, but no apples, oh an no brown sugar! 

Thank you for your help!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM
I'd make chicken & rice. Lay chicken breasts in a baking dish and season to taste. Sprinkle with broccoli (optional) Mix 2 cans cream of mushroom/chicken/celery soup together with 1/2 stick melted butter and add 1 c. rice (uncooked). Spread evenly over chicken, cover and cook at 300° for an hour and half or until rice is tender. If you don't put broccoli in it, serve with your choice of veggies.
jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM

sounds good , we like broccoli , corn, green beans in ours

aenima49
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Slippery pot pie!  :-)

Ice-Angel
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Thank you for all your help! It was truly appreciated. 

Just to help in return. I have 4 kids. 2 girls, 2 boys, ages 10 down to 6. So I have a lot of different people to please. Veggies are important to me, but trying to convience everyone to eat them is hard. I also have the pickiest husband in the world, the best veggie dish I have found that everyone but the 6 year old boy LOVES is a broc. casserole. 

1 bag of frozen broc. (defrosted)

1 can of cream style corn

2 cups of dried stuffing ( more or less to your likings )

2 cups melted butter

mix the broc. and corn together, place in baking dish

sprinkle stuffing over the top to cover 

pour melted butter over stuffing

bake at 350 for 30 minutes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN