Barbecued Pork Quesadillas
Southern Living SEPTEMBER 2004
- Yield: Makes 4 to 6 main-dish or 8 to 12 appetizer servings
- Cook time:20 Minutes
- Prep time:20 Minutes
- 1/2 pound shredded barbecued pork
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 green onions, minced
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Toppings: sour cream, sliced green onions, barbecue sauce
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
Stir together first 4 ingredients.
Spoon pork mixture evenly on 1 side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to seal. Spread butter on both sides of quesadillas.
Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat, and cook quesadillas 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut each quesadilla in half for main-dish servings or in quarters for appetizer servings. Serve with desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.