Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Meal Planning

I need veggie help, & ways to cook them!  Or good sides.  I have been doing frozen mixed veggies, coined carrots,plain peas & green beans, salads,etc.  How can I add more variety and get my kids to eat them?  I have been looking at the Sneaky Chef for ideas but I hope to find other recipes as well.  I have one child who doesn't like salad, one who doesn't like green beans or peas, and one who loves all of that so we aren't catering to them.  We serve it and make them at least try it a few times.   Please share your recipes!!! thank you

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Replies (21-25):
eesmommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM
My kids also like olive oil and seasonings to dip veggies in:)

Quoting jessicasmom1:

we like all vegetables raw with ranch

Quoting eesmommy:

My kids love raw veggie and dips, neither one of them like green peppers, but both love orange red and yellow peppers. Theyvalso love veggies steamed and seasoned with butter added. Chili and soup is a good way to serve veggies as well.

I will have to say, my kids help me cook every day, I got kid knives from papmered chef and let them slice and dice veggies while I do the other cooking. I generally can figure my veggies will be half of what I started with due to them eating most of their cutting lol I honestly dont think they realize how much good nutrition they are getting while they sneak veggies behind my back lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM

awesome DD seems to like Italian dressing more now too so I take it she would like this also :-) we go to a upscale restaurant who gives bread pieces with the seasoned olive oil she seems not to be able to get enough

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting jessicasmom1:

Quoting eesmommy:

My kids love raw veggie and dips, neither one of them like green peppers, but both love orange red and yellow peppers. Theyvalso love veggies steamed and seasoned with butter added. Chili and soup is a good way to serve veggies as well.

I will have to say, my kids help me cook every day, I got kid knives from papmered chef and let them slice and dice veggies while I do the other cooking. I generally can figure my veggies will be half of what I started with due to them eating most of their cutting lol I honestly dont think they realize how much good nutrition they are getting while they sneak veggies behind my back lol.

jessicasmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

In spaghetti sauce or chili (red sauce) I would dice into small pieces green peppers, onions, zucchini, squash cook until translucent when DD was very small now she asks for vegetables

DissieDothe
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Dakee:

/yummy!  Lots of new, and different ideas.  They all love veggies, but just different ones.  I usually end up making 304 veggies because one doesn't like it.  I hope to find some they ALL like. 

These are my basics for vegetables. There are something like eight vegetable families who have a lot of cousins. If my family does not like a vegetable from one family, they probably will not like any from that family. It saves a lot on my food bill not to bring home food that they will most unlikely not eat. It's also time consuming.

Vegetables that grown above the ground have more vitamins and those that grow below have more minerals. I try to pair one of each for a meal.

Also, fresh spices & herbs like rosemary, sage, thyme, etc are a healthy resource for people who do not like to eat a lot of vegetables.

Some people consider wild rice to be more vegetable than grain. Of course there are just as many vitamins & minerals in grains as vegetables but the vegetables balance it all because human organs are more compatible with them.

It also depends on how much of a good thing that you want your children to eat. When I make a clear broth chicken soup, there's usually a few sprigs of spring greens - not a lot.

eesmommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Lol, we cant go to those places anymore, we make fools of ourselves with the bread and dip lol

Quoting jessicasmom1:

awesome DD seems to like Italian dressing more now too so I take it she would like this also :-) we go to a upscale restaurant who gives bread pieces with the seasoned olive oil she seems not to be able to get enough

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting jessicasmom1:

Quoting eesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN